- Early Intervention Specialist
The Early Intervention Specialist functions as a professional member of the Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) team representing the discipline of early intervention and provides services for ECI children/families whose needs are determined to be most appropriately served by this professional.
Community Healthcore Early Childhood Intervention serves children in Smith, Wood, Cherokee, Rains, Van Zandt, Henderson, and Anderson counties.
(May include but not limited to the following):
- Coordinates all services within the program and between agencies for assigned children/families.
- Performs advanced duties in the implementation of programs design for zero-through-two-year-old children with developmental delays and their families.
- Has responsibility for independent judgment in enhancing children's skill development through design of learning environments, curriculum planning, and providing parents with information and skills that enhance children's skill development.
- Exhibits working knowledge of ECI Policy and Procedures.
- Maintains integrity of documentation in client files.
- Understands and applies principles of family-centered practice.
- Functions as service coordinator for assigned clients. Responsible for coordinating all services within ECI and across agencies.
- Serves on the ECI Interdisciplinary Team and is responsible for assigned services as identified on the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with community agencies/child serving entities that support public awareness of the ECI program.
- Must obtain Early Intervention Specialist credentials within required timeframe.
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Self-motivating, able to work independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a variety of individuals, teams, and systems.
- Record data neatly, coherently, accurately, and objectively.
- Follow service implementation processes designed to meet the needs of people served and funding-source requirements.
- Emergency/Crisis Intervention skills.
- Ability to proficiently work with computers and electronic records.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in a Human Services field, including but not limited to: Adaptive Physical Education (with or without teacher certification), Child Development, Child Life, Communication Disorders, Early Childhood (with or without teacher certification), Family Studies, Health, Psychology, Rehabilitative Counseling, Social Work, Sociology, Special Education (with or without teacher certification) or with a bachelor's degree in any field.
- A minimum of 18 hours of semester course credit relevant to early childhood intervention including three hours of semester course credit in early childhood development or early childhood special education.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with limitations to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to complete activities necessary to perform services, which includes but is not limited to bending, lifting up to 44 pounds, carrying, crawling, and kneeling.
- Must be able to tolerate excessive heat and cold.
- Service area includes the following counties: Gregg, Harrison, Marion, Rusk, Upshur, and Panola.
The work environment describe here is representative of that which the majority of employee encounter. These conditions may vary. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Services may be delivered at Community Healthcore's facilities, or in the field (client's residence, daycare, etc.). Hence, noise level, temperature, and other conditions will vary based on location of service.
MINIMUM HIRING HOURLY SALARY: $20.00
|Type|| ||Full Time|
|Location|| ||Tyler, Quitman, Rusk, Emory, Canton, Athens, Palestine|
|Category|| ||Professional, Clinical|
|Setting|| ||Field based|