MIMIMUM HIRING ANNUAL SALARY: $37,440 - $41,600 depending on education and experience
JOB TITLE: (Varies by program)
- Home and Community-based Services (HCS) Service
- Personal Support Advocate
- Qualified Intellectual Developmental Disability
- Habilitation Coordinator
- Enhanced Community Coordinator (ECC)
- IDD Crisis Intervention Specialist
Under direction of the
Program Manager and within federal, state and local
guidelines performs routine work meeting the needs of individuals with
developmental disabilities. Work involves assessing and determining individual
resident needs and developing appropriate programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL VARY DEPENDING ON PROGRAM AND POSITION.
(May include but not
limited to the following):
- Meets with clients to gather information and to develop
the client's Person Directed Plan.
- Identifies existing supports and services necessary to
achieve the individual's desired outcomes.
- Assists the individual and the Legally Authorized
Representative to designate members of the individual's service planning
- Negotiates and facilitates the array of services and
supports needed to address the client's goals and desired outcomes as
identified, ensuring that individuals with developmental disabilities:
- Are supported as members of the community rather than
clients of programs or consumers of services.
- Determine their own future, with appropriate
assistance from family and friends.
- Ensure planned services and supports are implemented
and appropriately documented.
- Document all meetings and notes pertaining to consumer
The competencies listed
here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Self-motivating, able to work independently in virtual
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to be a strong advocate and leader, with
negotiating skills to broker and enhance support services.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in
writing in the English language.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a variety of
individuals, teams, and systems.
- Record data neatly, coherently, accurately, and
- Follow service implementation processes designed to
meet the needs of people served and funding-source requirements.
- Emergency/Crisis Intervention skills.
- Ability to proficiently work with computers and
- Bachelor's degree- a bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university; or
- Associate degree - an associate degree in a social, behavioral, human service, or health-related field including, psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human development, gerontology, educational psychology, education, and criminal justice; or
- High school diploma or a certificate recognized by a
state as the equivalent of a high school diploma and:
- Two years of paid or unpaid experience with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
The center, at its
discretion, may require additional education and experience for staff that
provide service coordination.
The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations can be made to enable individuals with limitations to perform
the essential functions.
- Mobility, ability and stamina to sit, bend, and reach
during an 8 to 10 hour day.
- Sensory acuity sufficient to evaluate, treat, and
monitor patient needs and maintains accurate records.
- Fine motor skills sufficient to legibly document and
- Depends on actual position. Some positions are office
based while others are field based and require travel within our service
The work environment
describe here is representative of that which the majority of employee
encounter. These conditions may vary by position. Reasonable accommodation can
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The noise level may vary between low and mild.
- The work environment should not experience temperature
extremes (hot and cold).