- Qualified Mental Health Professional
The Qualified Mental Health Professional provides mental health case management services to children and adolescents, ages 3 to 17, and their families, and completes documentation for service coordination, screenings, aftercare, skills training, and plans of care.
Our service area for positions in this posting covers the following counties: Gregg, Harrison, Marion, Rusk, Upshur, and Panola.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL VARY DEPENDING ON PROGRAM AND POSITION.
(May include but not limited to the following):
- Assist clients in identifying and articulating their requests and needs for services and supports.
- Negotiate and facilitate the array of services and supports needed to address the client's goals and desired outcomes as identified.
- Provide behavioral intervention services, training and support to assigned caseload.
- Ensure planned services and supports are implemented and appropriately documented.
- Connect consumer with appropriate services and supports, as needed
- Document all meetings and notes pertaining to consumer plans
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Self-motivating, able to work independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a variety of individuals, teams, and systems.
- Record data neatly, coherently, accurately, and objectively.
- Follow service implementation processes designed to meet the needs of people served and funding-source requirements.
- Emergency/Crisis Intervention skills.
- Ability to proficiently work with computers and electronic records.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in a Human Services field, including but not limited to: psychology, sociology, social work, rehabilitation, counseling, human growth and development, physician assistant, gerontology, special education, educational psychology, early childhood education, early childhood intervention.
- Registered nurses also qualify for these positions.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with limitations to perform the essential functions.
- Assignments in inpatient/outpatient clinics only require local travel
- Field-based assignments require travel within the counties that we serve in this area (Gregg, Harrison, Marion, Rusk, Upshur, and Panola.)
The work environment described here is representative of that which the majority of employee encounter. These conditions may vary by position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level may vary between low and mild.
- The work environment should not experience temperature extremes (hot and cold).
- Based on experience, starting at $35,000.00 per year.
|Type|| ||Full Time, Part Time, PRN|
|Location|| ||Gregg, Harrison, Marion, Rusk, Upshur, Panola|
|Category|| ||Professional, Clinical|
|Setting|| ||Inpatient, Outpatient, Field based|
|Credentials|| ||Bachelor, Master|